About The Studio
The Studio Performing Arts Center is a unique training facility for dancers, actors and singers, offering a conservatory approach to training in the performing arts.
We offer excellent and complete instruction in Dance (Ballet/Pointe, Tap, Jazz, Lyrical, Contemporary, Hip Hop), and Voice (Singing), Acting and Musical Theatre. We develop students artistically, technically and aesthetically through expert training in a nurturing environment since 2006.
The Studio supports students with a comprehensive, well-thought-out curriculum, exceptional training with degreed and knowledgeable teachers, and performance opportunities. We provide a conservatory approach to training, providing support for artists at all levels of development.
Some of our most senior students have shown the benefits of conservatory training:
- Dance studio students have won scholarships to The Kirov Ballet, The Joffrey Ballet, Hubbard Street Dance Company, Paul Taylor Dance Company and Interlochen Arts Academy.
- Voice, Acting and Musical Theatre students have won monetary awards for Voice/Musical Theatre and Dance, and thespian awards for great acting. They have performed as hosts for local television science shows and promotional/commercial television spots, won leading parts in plays at their schools, professional and community theatres and performed in original shows developed by The Studio to critical acclaim.
- Students are regularly accepted into collegiate programs for dance and musical theatre and are well-positioned professionally with experience and outstanding technique should they wish to pursue the arts professionally.
Performance Opportunities at The Studio
Performance opportunities are available as well through the performing division, the East Lansing Theatre and Dance Company.
- The Dance Company performs several times a year with a storybook ballet production, performances for charities such as the Make A Wish Foundation, Junior Achievement, Festival of Trees and area nursing homes/senior centers.
- The Acting Company performs several times a year with several scene nights for families/friends and a one-act play production. Actors are eligible to be in the company when they enroll in the acting classes.
All students of The Studio, (regardless of being a member of the performing companies) perform in an annual spring Collage Concert.